PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
KİŞİSEL VERİLERİN KORUNMASI
The Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data Protection (“PDP Law”) which was published on April 7th, 2016 with the journal number of 29677, regulates significant obligations for the processing and protection of personal data, especially for companies that process employee, customer, supplier and other third party data. By enforcement of the PDP Law, very severe sanctions have been envisaged for company authorities. During the process of compliance with these legal obligations, Onur Law Office provides comprehensive consultancy services to the companies in accordance with the demands of the clients within the framework of the “Compliance Process of Personal Data Protection Law” which is a project developed by the Onur Law Office. The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“) for the protection of personal data which will be entered into force on May 25, 2018 is also taken into consideration within the scope of our service for the Turkish companies that foreign capital, companies and/or affiliates in the European Union countries; or other companies in business relationship with export, import and joint ventures or in the same projects with the European Union cuntries.
The main services provided by Onur Law Office under the “Compliance Project of Personal Data Protection” are as follows:
- Providing training to company authorities within the scope of protection of personal data
- Establishing a personal data map of the company by conducting a situation anal
- ysis on personal data
- Creating the Company’s personal data inventory and a risk map
- Developing suggestions within the frame of Turkish and European Union (PDP Law-GDPR) legislation and practices by determining the inadequacies and the necessities to be done as a result of the situation analysis
- Regulating company policies by establishing a system for the protection of personal data, preparation of required legal documents and making necessary amendments and additional protocols for agreements
- Implementation and supervision of the system for the protection of personal data
- Providing regular consultancy within the scope of PDP Law and other relevant legislation after completing the Compliance Process Project.